Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hubby and I


I met my husband when I was 17 years old at a party. It wasn't love at first sight, like most fairy tale romances. I was sitting on the couch when he walked through the door. He had an arrogant air about him and I didn't like it. He was 19 and had just entered the Air Force six months before.

Eventually, we all ended up in the cramped kitchen and were drinking electric lemonade *vodka and crystal light lemonade* I saw that he had pulled out a pack of Newports, and I asked if I could go out and smoke with him. We went out on the back patio and started talking *I have no idea about what* The next thing I know I'm turning toward his face and we start kissing! I really don't know how that happened, I wasn't even that drunk, I don't think?

Anyway, I might add that the people that were throwing the party I was living with at the time and they were moving out soon and I was going to stay there.  Hubby started staying over a lot and it got kind of serious for me, but he didn't feel like it was that serious. (I found that out later)

I guess I fall hard fast, even for arrogant guys! haha.

Over the next few months it got more serious for him, and he realized that he didn't want to lose me. I turned 18 and we were still going strong.

Right before I turned 19 he told me he had to go to Kuwait. What was I going to do? He was everything to me and I didn't want to lose him.  He asked me to marry him and of course I said YES!

We got married a week before he had to leave, in the courthouse. I was 19.

 When he left, I stayed with my grandparents in Las Vegas for 8 months.

He finally got back in March, and we had a vow renewal ceremony in July! I'll put pictures up as soon as I get the disc! :)

I guess that's pretty much the story, a lot of minor details left out but I can't tell you everything! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!