Thursday, October 1, 2009

Princess Wifey

My mother never taught me the basics of taking care of a household. I was an only child, and I acted like the sterotypical only child--Spoiled, bratty, and I got everything I wanted. My mother never made me lay a hand on a dish or a vaccuum. I wish she would have.

I'm having difficulties coming to terms with cleaning. Simple things, such as doing the dishes are a daily struggle for me, and laundry piles up in the laundry room. Thank goodness Hubby and I have our own bathrooms. He compares mine to a murder scene!

I am grossed out by doing the dishes. Our dishwasher works like a POS.  I'm getting better at it though. I'm getting better at touching the food that gets stuck to the dish. It's so nasty!

I've never been made to fold my own laundry or put it away, let alone someone elses. I wash and dry the laundry and throw it on top of the dryer. I wish I didn't do that.

I know it frusturates my husband that I am not a clean freak. He is not a clean freak either though.

He takes off his clothes after work and throws them on the living room floor! Why can't he walk the extra two feet to the laundry room!?

I am not very organized, never have been. I wish I was more organized. I think that would solve a lot of my problems.

Is it just pure laziness, or should I blame my mother for not making me do these things?

If anyone has any tips for me, or how they deal with the housework responsibilities, I would love to know!


Just call me the dysfunctional June Cleaver




Princess Wifey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!